Tuesday 3 July 2012

Revlon Crazy Shine To Go Nail Buffer Review

Recently I received the Revlon Crazy Shine To Go Nail Buffer to review courtesy of the Chick Advisor Product Review Club

What the product claims to do: Revlon's new Crazy Shine To Go Nail Buffer is designed to give you up to 400% shinier nails than bare nails in seconds which lasts 3 days. The mini buffers are available in 2 fun shapes and even work to revive shine on polished nails - perfect for on-the-go use.

Directions: Use the plain green side to smooth and even out nail surfaces. Flip the buffer and use the patterned side to polish nail to an outrageous shine. For polished nails, use the patterned side to revive nail polish luster.

My first thought when I received the package in the mail was that the buffers themselves were small, cute and definitely portable. I am rather lazy when it comes to taking care of my nails, so I was really excited to try out the Crazy Shine buffer. Once in a while I get the urge to polish, but for the most part I go bare nail.

I started off with using the green side of the buffer to smooth out my nails. Now my nails are quite bumpy and have a lot of damage to them. On my middle finger on my right had I have a particularly troublesome spot with a circular dent in the nail from where I almost stapled myself...yes, I am a klutz and accident prone and apparently like to attack myself with staplers, but luckily it didn't go right through the nail.

When I first used the buffer, I only did a light buffing before using the patterned side to check out the shine. I buffed and shined only my left hand so I could compare it to the right and I wish now I had taken pictures. The buffer did it's magic and my nails on my left hand looked like I was wearing clear polish. I'm not sure about the 400% shinier claim, but it definitely made my nails shiny and I was really pleased with the result for very little effort.

I found the shine does last approximately 2 days, but it is not as bright as it starts off as with repeated hand-washing and lotion, but it did last longer than I expected because I figured after washing my hands a few times the shine would go away despite the claim. Though if you notice the shine has faded, it really only takes a couple seconds with the patterned side to touch up your nails.

While the shine may not last as long as they claim, the buffer certainly has helped smooth out my troublesome nails. The bumps and ridges aren't gone, but after using it a couple times it has certainly helped lessen the appearance of them. That definitely makes this product worth it for me, because I can stick it in my purse and take a few minutes while I'm on the bus and give my nails a good touch up. The only downside of the buffer I noticed was that after a few uses the patterned side squeaks when you use it.

I would certainly recommend this product for those people who aren't too fussed about nail polish, but would love to have a quick, easy way to give their nails a little TLC and a nice glossy look. I would purchase these in the future if they were around $4 maximum for the pair.

The views in this review are my own, and I was not compensated for my review other than receiving the product to try.

You can sign up for the Chick Advisor Product Review Club as well.  Click the link and sign up for Chick Advisor and get started reviewing products you have tried then fill out their survey to sign up.  When new product testing opportunities become available they will send out an email and you will need to fill out a survey to see if you're eligible for the product.  Then they will email you if you will be receiving it.
Creative Commons License
Canadian Money Makers and Savers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://moneymakersandsavers.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and will try to respond to all comments!